I saw this on Never That Easy and I thought it was great. Of course I signed up & am passing it along to all of you (ya know all five of you) . This originally came from Writing Aspirations and that’s where you go to sign up. Here are the rules:
If you would like to participate as a Secret Santa Blogger, here is what you should do.
1. Tell me via email or comment that you’d like your name on the participant list (or not if you don’t want me to list you).
2. Create a post with your “wish list”. Tag it “Secret Santa” so it’s easier to search.- If you have items that need to be mailed, be sure to leave a way for a secret Santa to send you something. (Either your address or give your address to a friend blogger [yes, you can use me] and then leave a note like: If you want to mail me something – email my friend at “whatever” to request my mailing address – that way it’s still a surprise and you aren’t sharing your address to the world)
3. Grab a button to use on your site.
4. Put the button in your sidebar and have it link to the post of your wish list.
5. I’ll create a post of participants and create a button that will link to a page of those participants.- send me the link to your wish list or secret Santa post so that I can include the link to it on the list of participants.
There you go! This is just for fun. This is completely voluntary and there are NO promises that you’ll receive anything. Your wish list can be silly and include things like: “I wish someone would show me the code to align the buttons on my sidebar” or “I wish I had a button of a pretty ornament” to something more serious like “I would like a gift certificate to Borders” or even “I wish someone would get me a car.”
What to wish for…hmmm. Let me think.
Things you can’t give me but I really, really want:
- I wish for a happy marriage and family. I know you can’t really give me that but you can pray for me.
- Good Health. Again, I know you can’t give it to me, but hey it’s a wish.
Things you may be able to give me:
- I need a good meatloaf recipe. I love a good meatloaf but every meat loaf I make tastes like a giant hamburger, a giant, bad hamburger.
- I wish for cookie recipes. I have a ton of them but you can never have too many. I love cookies!
- I wish for recipes for easy, inexpensive, freezable casserole recipes. I am so busy and I would love to make some casseroles ahead of time for easy week day dinners. I haven’t had the time to look for the recipes either.
- I wish for your reading recommendations. I really love to read and I would like to know your favorite books and authors.
- I wish for blogging topics. I actually have a bunch of things to write about but eventually the well may run dry.
- Can someone please tell me how to post a button with the hyperlink so I can just click on the button? My NaBloPoMo button never went anywhere because I couldn’t figure out how to do it. Help, please.
- I see some people talking about the weird searches their blogs have come up on- I wish someone would tell me how to find this out, I could use a laugh.
Things you could give me if you really liked me and had enough money left after buying gifts for people you know in real life:
- Hershey Kissables. These little things kick the M&M’s tushies!
- Amazon.com Gift Certificates. Love that Amazon!
- E-bay Gift Certificates. My dad is addicted to e-bay, it’s really funny I never would have pictured him getting psyched because his bid was the winner.
Fantasy gifts (as in dream on Mama):
- A million dollars. I just had a vision of Dr. Evil from Austin Powers.
- Maid service for a year (or two) (or forever).
- An all expenses paid vacation to Disney World for my family. Two weeks, hotel in the park, swimming, room service and my kids’ faces at the Princess Breakfast.
Wow, that’s a lot of wishes! Christmas Gimmes, sorry, must have caught it from the kids! I shouldn’t say that, they have actually been really good.
So go to Writing Aspirations and sign up. I want to grant some Christmas wishes!