This meme from All & Sundry really caught my eye.
1. What did you do in 2006 that you’d never done before? Started this blog.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t make resolutions because I break them. I make lists. Yes, I will make one for 2007.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, my brother & his wife had a beautiful girl.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes, unfortunately. My husband’s younger brother died on New Year’s Eve. I guess that was 2005 but still.
5. What countries did you visit? Uh…America
6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006? Time and good health.
7. What dates from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Christmas, because Squishy was really into it this year.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Staying married.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not meeting our financial goals. Hey, I’m an accountant this bugs me.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Thyroid problems, torn ligaments in my foot, a couple of sinus infections, miscarriage
11. What was the best thing you bought? My new couch and chair. I really love them, even though Squish took a pen to them the day before Christmas Eve.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Mine- I didn’t kill anyone.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Brittany- damn girl put on some underwear!
14. Where did most of your money go? Mortgage and life!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Potty training. I am such a geek!
16. What song will always remind you of 2006? Umm…nothing comes to mind.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? Happier, fatter, richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Exercise
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Eat and smoke
20. How will you be spending Christmas? Our house, my parent’s house then my sister-in-laws house.
21. Did you fall in love in 2006? No
22. How many one-night stands? None, I’m married, I’m lucky I still have sex!
23. What was your favorite TV program? House
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I’m too tired to hate anyone.
25. What was the best book you read? I read so many good ones I couldn’t possibly choose one.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery? That the music I like is being played on the oldies station! The OKGO treadmill video- I’ve watched it a bazillion times & I still get a kick out of it!
27. What did you want and get? New living room furniture.
28. What did you want and not get? The baby.
29. What was your favorite film of this year? Secondhand Lions. I saw it this year so that counts, right?
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Nothing special. 37.
31. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Being done with this thyroid stuff.
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006? If it isn’t comfortable, don’t wear it.
33. What kept you sane? ice cream- seriously, that’s why I’m fatter.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Hugh Laurie, paging Dr. House, please bring your real life accent with you!
35. What political issue stirred you the most? Iraq, of course
36. Who did you miss? My brother-in-law. He was far too young to die.
37. Who was the best new person you met? You, yes you.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006. Just because I am a mother doesn’t mean I stop being me. I still have to take care of myself and my needs. (See how easy it is to write that, oh if only it were that easy to do!)
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. “If I only had a brain…”