My radiation appointment is set. Next Wednesday at 2:30. Because I cannot form coherent paragraphs…BULLETS!
- I can’t be around E or my pregnant coworker for 48 hours.
- For 2 more weeks I can’t be within six feet of them.
- So I am going to work out of another location that has empty upstairs offices.
- It will be nice to work by myself for a couple of weeks.
- I have to stay in a hotel for a couple of nights.
- My hotel qualifications: clean, reasonable price and, very important, high speed wireless Internet.
- Well, I have to have something to do.
- Everyone, please post next Wednesday and Thursday so I have something to read.
- When E was seven months old, I went to Philly overnight with some friends. That was the last time I was away from E for longer than a work day.
- BG is taking Wednesday off and my niece spending the night Thursday. So E will be in excellent hands.
- I will still miss her.
- But…is it bad that I am really kind of looking forward to 48 hours on my own?
- I’m bringing my family history stuff that I haven’t had any time to organize or update.
- I never told you about my family tree research? I have a couple of lines of ancestors researched back to the 1600’s.
- I’ll bore you with that another day.
- I wonder if I could get someone to make my bullets little ice cream cones. Wouldn’t that be cute?
- I’m a little worried because I don’t sleep unless I’m in my own bed. When I got married and moved into the house BG already owned, I literally did not sleep for four days. It took weeks to get comfortable. I hope this doesn’t screw me up for too long.
- After I get home, I’ll have to lock my bedroom door for a couple of weeks. E sneaks in some nights and climbs in bed with me. Half the time I don’t even realize she’s there.
- I’ll probably post a lot in my radioactive exile, so if there’s anything you’ve ever wanted to know, now is the time to ask.
The treatment I have been waiting for is almost here. Let’s hope the damn thing works.