It’s Monday, time for some fun.
This week’s Fun Monday hostess is enidd.
enidd’s suggestion for next week is inspired (oh, all right then, stolen) from this sunday times regular feature. it’s called “a life in the day,” and the challenge is to write a post describing a typical day in your life and give us a feel for your life as a whole. don’t feel you have to follow the times’ style or format though – make us laugh, make us cry, use pictures, cartoons or even carved vegetables. if you give us an insight into what it’s like to be you, living with your people, in your town, then you’ve succeeded.
As I was thinking about this, I realized my life is very dull. When did it become so dull? Then I realized that it is just circumstances. Quite a bit of my life is taken up by my children. There is no world traveling or grand adventures going on here! Would I want my life to be different? Not really (not today anyway). So instead of detailing a life in my day, let me tell you how I make the world a better place- or at least not contribute too much to its demise.
- I work and pay taxes.
- I vote.
- I recycle.
- I drive a car that gets good gas mileage.
- I don’t litter.
- I teach my children the value of a dollar.
- I teach them good manners.
- I teach them to have concern for others.
- I teach them the value of an education.
- I love my husband.
- I love my children.
- If my child is having a tantrum in a public place, I leave.
- I research my family history. This may not make the world a better place, but it may entertain my great grandchildren someday.
- I pay my bills.
- I give to charity.
I’ll never set the world on fire or win the Nobel Prize, but I’d like to think the small things I do make the world a little bit nicer. At least at my house.
Head over to enidd’s and check out people who are way more interesting than I am!