This week’s Fun Monday challenge is hosted by Tristan
His challenge is:
Anyway, my literary challenge to continue on the theme of last weekis to tell the world how you would like to wake up in the morning. What is present in the planet you would wake up to? What are the people in it like, Does Marmite and butter come pre-mixed, or are you an astronaut on a mission to launch Tony Blair into low earth orbit. Show the difference between current reality, and reality 2.0.
How do I wake up? In the past I have awakened to:
- The screeSQUAWK screeSQUAWK sound of the alarm clock is my usual wake up call.
- “Uh, the toilet is overflowing into the living room.”
- One memorable night a few years ago I dozed off on the couch only to awaken to pounding on my front door. My neighbor’s kids were there screaming, “Call the fire department, our house is on fire!” (Thankfully, they only had minor damage and no one was hurt.)
- My personal favorite: “Mama, I barfed.” “Where?” “Everywhere.” She was right.
How would I like to be awakened?
- “We’ll be landing in insert fabulous vacation spot shortly.”
- “Good morning, Madame. Your massage is scheduled for noon.”
- “Mama! Daddy said to let you sleep late. Want some tea?” Hey, a girl can dream!
- “We won the lottery!”
- The ideal (by ideal, I mean the one that may actually happen, some day): I would like the night before to go smoothly so I could get everything done I need to get done. Then I could get to bed at a reasonable hour and be able to wake up well rested, before the obnoxious alarm.
Go check out the other Fun Monday participants.