Mary P is hosting this Book Binge. Go over to her place to check out the other participants.
What did I read in April? Lots of good stuff.
In March I started The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon. The obsession began. In April I read:
- Dragonfly In Amber
- Drums of Autumn
- The Fiery Cross
- A Breath of Snow and Ashes
I loved these books. The story was fascinating. So often I read a book and really want more. These books had more. And more. And more.
- Night by Elie Wiesel My daughter had to read this for school. Of course I had to check it out. It is a sharp punch in the gut. Elie Wiesel tells of his life in concentration camps as a teen in World War II. I can’t say the book was good. It was compelling and horrifying. Everyone should read this book.
- Tripping the Prom Queen: The Truth About Women and Rivalry by Susan Shapiro Barash I read this for The Cerebral Venus Book Club. Today is discussion day and I have yet to go over and discuss.
- Kingdom Come: The Final Victory by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins This is the final book in the Left Behind Series. I have to say I was disappointed. It seemed like the author was tired of writing this story and gave it a half hearted effort. It was not as engaging as the other books in the series. It took fifteen books to cover seven years (and the back story) but the final book covered the one thousand years of peace and the final battle. I feel gypped.
- Spymistress: The Life of Vera Atkins, the Greatest Female Secret Agent of World War II by William Stevenson Again, thanks to my daughter! She chose this book for her biography paper. I got so into it I had to buy a copy for myself so she could use the library copy for her book report! Vera Atkins spied, recruited spies and fought for England during WWII.
I read nine books in April which is actually light for me. Well those Outlander mass market paperbacks were well over a thousand pages each so I guess that’s about right.
I wish I had time to do a better review of each book but right now that’s just not possible. Maybe when I update my Good Reads account (want to be on my friend list?) I can do a better job of it.
Don’t forget to check out Mary P’s place for other participants.