My first weigh in:
Start weight: 268.5
Today’s weight: 262
Lost: 6.5 yippee!!
Yes! 6.5 pounds! I know the first couple of weeks tend to be a higher than normal weight loss, but damn, that makes me happy!
This weeks topic: The Plan
I have to have a plan. For everything from dieting to running my errands. I’m a list kind of gal. I’m so crazy with the lists that if I do something that is not on the list, I will add it to the list just so I can cross it off.
I chose the Weight Watchers Flex plan (points) after some consideration.
- I had some success with it in the past.
- I can eat anything. Yeah I may blow some points on not so healthy stuff but I’m also not deprived. When I feel deprived I’m just setting myself up for failure.
- You don’t have to buy special food. Some of those food plans out there cost more than my weekly groceries for a family of four.
- On the other hand, they have WW brand food for easy point calculation. I love bread. Bread has about a kajillion points, per slice. WW bread is one point for two slices. I can have my bread (and eat it too. Sorry couldn’t resist.) WW also has sweet snacks with low point values.
- The points are pretty easy to keep track of. The at home kit came with an electronic points calculator that is super easy and compact. It lives in my purse.
I could not do some of the plans out there. Notice I don’t say diet. I can’t think of this as a diet (more failure set up), I have to think of it as a plan. A plan for a healthy life. Anyway, I can’t do the plans that restrict carbs. I need carbs. I don’t say this from a “ooh carbs, my preshhhusss carbs” standpoint, I say thisfrom a brain fog standpoint. I literally can’t think without carb intake.
I can’t do plans that revolve around the glycemic index, eat certain foods in certain orders or at certain times. I can’t do them because it requires too much thinking. My brain can only process so much in any given day and there is no room for that stuff.
I can’t do liquid meal substitutes because, um, hello, I LOVE food!
So, for me, Weight Watchers is the way to go.
What is your plan? What are you doing that may help me? If you are doing WW, what is the best/worst thing about it in your opinion?