I’ve been right here with my ass planted on my couch morphing into the blob who can do nothing.
I am slightly overwhelmed with my life. But first a Scoop update.
About a week and a half ago the morning (all damn day) sickness just about stopped. Was I thrilled? Of course not. I was paranoid- if I feel good something must be wrong.
Hey, my pregnancy track record isn’t that great, a certain amount of paranoia is to be expected.
I went to the OB today and heard a perfect heartbeat. I got results back from some tests- all is well there and the risk of Down’s Syndrome is extremely low (whew).
I am now fifteen weeks and feel like I can relax a bit.
So where have I been?
There has been so much crap happening here I don’t even know where to begin. It all sounds so small when I think about it but put it all together and toss in some morning sickness and some exhaustion and some really neat hormones and it’s a freakin disaster.
Let’s break out the bullets so I can be semi-coherent:
- The sixteen year old has been behaving like a horse’s ass. I can’t go into details, suffice it to say she is lucky she doesn’t have the Big Guy’s size thirteens up her ass.
- My job is getting to be too much. Since they fired that guy and another girl went out on maternity, I have so much work to do that I barely have time to pee. I can’t wait for the long weekend.
- My husband’s job schedule may be changing. He has a union job and every six months they bid for shifts. He has had the same shift for a number of years now. It’s not a great shift but we have a routine. Well this time around the company decided to eliminate a mid morning start time. This changed everything. It looks like my husband will have an early morning start. This is good and bad. Ebaby loves it because Daddy will be home at night and “we can be a family”. Bad because he will be no help to me whatsoever when the baby comes. It was like that with Ebaby and I was looking forward to having some help this time around, especially since I am working.
- Thursday is my birthday. I will be thirty-eight. Thirty-eight! When the hell did that happen?
- Ebaby starts a new school on Tuesday. She went to preschool last year for two hours a day twice a week. This year she is going every day, three full days and two half days. She is so excited. What’s the problem? It is the first time someone other than family will be taking care of her for any length of time. Since I went back to work two years ago my sister-in-law has watched her. Now I will be entrusting her to relative strangers. I’ve done my home work and am putting her in a good place where she will have fun and learn. But…strangers taking care of my precious.
- Because of circumstances I will not be able to take off two years with this baby. That sucks a bit.
- My mother is driving me batshitcrazy. Today’s conversation included these gems: you should have stopped at one, the age difference is too big, this one will be a terror, your too old, the Big Guy will never get to retire and you should have listened to me. These are just from one conversation today. I haven’t talked to her much lately just to avoid the nonsense. I hate that I avoid my mother because she isn’t supportive. Why can’t she just shut the hell up? Plus she keeps insisting on this one girl’s name that I cannot stand. I have tried to be polite (no I don’t think so) but she kept going and going and going until finally I said, “It’s not happening. I HATE that name.” (I am not saying the name because you might like it or it might be your kid’s name and I need all the friends I can get.)
- I am tired. Very tired. This is the latest I have been up in weeks. It’s only 9:00.
- My pants don’t fit and I really do not want to buy maternity pants yet.
I think there is more but I just can’t remember it all right now. I am going to try to get back in the blog swing- maybe it will help me to not be so overwhelmed. You know, I’ll lay it all on you guys!