The kids love the cinnamon on these easy cookies.
1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsps cream of tartar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbls sugar
2 tsps cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cream together shortening and 1 1/2 cups sugar.
- Mix in eggs.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Stir into egg mixture.
- Put dough in refrigerator for an hour.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Roll dough into one inch balls.
- Roll balls in cinnamon sugar.
- Place on a cookie sheet.
- Cook for 8 – 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks.
I think I got this recipe from allrecipes.com.