These are one of my favorites.
1 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter (use crunchy for a little extra something)
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir into egg mixture.
- Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Roll into one inch balls and put on baking sheet.
- Flatten each ball with a fork to make that neat criss cross pattern.
- Bake for about ten minutes or until they start to brown.
- Try to control yourself until they are cool enough to not burn your tongue.