These are one of my favorites.
1 cup butter
1 cup peanut butter (use crunchy for a little extra something)
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together butter, peanut butter, sugar and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir into egg mixture.
- Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Roll into one inch balls and put on baking sheet.
- Flatten each ball with a fork to make that neat criss cross pattern.
- Bake for about ten minutes or until they start to brown.
- Try to control yourself until they are cool enough to not burn your tongue.
The kids love the cinnamon on these easy cookies.
1 cup shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsps cream of tartar
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbls sugar
2 tsps cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cream together shortening and 1 1/2 cups sugar.
- Mix in eggs.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt. Stir into egg mixture.
- Put dough in refrigerator for an hour.
- Combine the sugar and cinnamon in small bowl.
- Roll dough into one inch balls.
- Roll balls in cinnamon sugar.
- Place on a cookie sheet.
- Cook for 8 – 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks.
I think I got this recipe from allrecipes.com.
These are a huge favorite on Christmas.
1/2 cup softened butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tablespoon almond extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth.
- Beat in the egg and almond extract.
- Combine the flour and baking soda. Add to sugar mixture.
- Mix in white chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Drop one inch mounds onto cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 – 10 minutes.
- Cool on cookie sheet for one minute.
- Transfer to wire rack and cool completely.
You should double this recipe because the above only makes around 24 cookies.
These are the Big Guy’s favorite cookies. I may have posted this last year but I am too lazy to go back and check.
1 cup butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup finely chopped nuts (I use walnuts)
extra powdered sugar for rolling
- Mix butter, powdered sugar and vanilla
- Stir in flour and salt
- Stir in nuts
- Chill dough for one hour
- Roll into 1 inch balls
- Bake 10 -12 minutes in a 400 F oven
- While warm roll in powdered sugar
- Cool completely
- Roll on powdered sugar again.
Makes about four dozen