Yes, I am still alive. Half asleep but alive.
I survived the never ending labor and delivery. I’ll spare you the full story but here are some highlights:
When I got to the hospital I was already in labor, contracting every five minutes all by myself. Sounds good, right? That’s what I thought.
Scoop decided to take her own sweet time.
Thirty-two hours later she was born.
The epidural wore off and the anesthesiologist was doing a c-section.
How the hell do women do this without drugs?
I have a high pain tolerance but, come on this shit hurts!
She was large.
Nine pounds four ounces
Thankfully I only had to push for about 25 minutes.
I didn’t need an episiotomy nor did I tear.
Good for my healing- no stitches.
Possibly bad for the Big Guy and our future sex lives.
Scoop is super cute. She’s so big she looks like a two month old! She is a good eater and sleeper. Completely different than Ebaby. I know that each baby is different but they are so different it is pretty amazing.
Some of you have said you can’t wait to see pictures but I don’t post kid pix out of respect for the Big Guy. If you emailed me your address I’ll be sending out birth announcements when I get them this week. If you want one send me your address. I’m not sure how many extras I will have so act fast. Limited time offer etc, etc.
Special thanks to Rachel for updating the Scoop story!
I’m off to check my two week back up on Bloglines. I have to see if Cletus is here yet!
Hey everyone, it’s Rachel again. Scoop has finally arrived!! After a very very long labor, Scoop was born early this morning at 2:54 am. She weighed in at 9 pounds, 4 ounces and was 21 inches long. Both mom and Scoop are doing fine!!! Hopefully Mama will update us all soon!!!!
CONGRATULATIONS to Ice Cream Mama and family!!!!!!!!!
It is hard to feel, ahem…shall we say, amorous when being kicked from the inside.
I’ll go into detail of how we came to the decision to find out later. Of course I just can’t keep anything from you guys!
It’s a girl!!
My poor husband is being overrun!
I’ve been right here with my ass planted on my couch morphing into the blob who can do nothing.
I am slightly overwhelmed with my life. But first a Scoop update.
About a week and a half ago the morning (all damn day) sickness just about stopped. Was I thrilled? Of course not. I was paranoid- if I feel good something must be wrong.
Hey, my pregnancy track record isn’t that great, a certain amount of paranoia is to be expected.
I went to the OB today and heard a perfect heartbeat. I got results back from some tests- all is well there and the risk of Down’s Syndrome is extremely low (whew).
I am now fifteen weeks and feel like I can relax a bit.
So where have I been?
There has been so much crap happening here I don’t even know where to begin. It all sounds so small when I think about it but put it all together and toss in some morning sickness and some exhaustion and some really neat hormones and it’s a freakin disaster.
Let’s break out the bullets so I can be semi-coherent:
- The sixteen year old has been behaving like a horse’s ass. I can’t go into details, suffice it to say she is lucky she doesn’t have the Big Guy’s size thirteens up her ass.
- My job is getting to be too much. Since they fired that guy and another girl went out on maternity, I have so much work to do that I barely have time to pee. I can’t wait for the long weekend.
- My husband’s job schedule may be changing. He has a union job and every six months they bid for shifts. He has had the same shift for a number of years now. It’s not a great shift but we have a routine. Well this time around the company decided to eliminate a mid morning start time. This changed everything. It looks like my husband will have an early morning start. This is good and bad. Ebaby loves it because Daddy will be home at night and “we can be a family”. Bad because he will be no help to me whatsoever when the baby comes. It was like that with Ebaby and I was looking forward to having some help this time around, especially since I am working.
- Thursday is my birthday. I will be thirty-eight. Thirty-eight! When the hell did that happen?
- Ebaby starts a new school on Tuesday. She went to preschool last year for two hours a day twice a week. This year she is going every day, three full days and two half days. She is so excited. What’s the problem? It is the first time someone other than family will be taking care of her for any length of time. Since I went back to work two years ago my sister-in-law has watched her. Now I will be entrusting her to relative strangers. I’ve done my home work and am putting her in a good place where she will have fun and learn. But…strangers taking care of my precious.
- Because of circumstances I will not be able to take off two years with this baby. That sucks a bit.
- My mother is driving me batshitcrazy. Today’s conversation included these gems: you should have stopped at one, the age difference is too big, this one will be a terror, your too old, the Big Guy will never get to retire and you should have listened to me. These are just from one conversation today. I haven’t talked to her much lately just to avoid the nonsense. I hate that I avoid my mother because she isn’t supportive. Why can’t she just shut the hell up? Plus she keeps insisting on this one girl’s name that I cannot stand. I have tried to be polite (no I don’t think so) but she kept going and going and going until finally I said, “It’s not happening. I HATE that name.” (I am not saying the name because you might like it or it might be your kid’s name and I need all the friends I can get.)
- I am tired. Very tired. This is the latest I have been up in weeks. It’s only 9:00.
- My pants don’t fit and I really do not want to buy maternity pants yet.
I think there is more but I just can’t remember it all right now. I am going to try to get back in the blog swing- maybe it will help me to not be so overwhelmed. You know, I’ll lay it all on you guys!
Filed under Mama, Random, Scoop
I only have one Scoop inside of me!!
I know I have been a bad blogger lately. I am extra swamped at work with month end (for the first time in twelve years- I don’t think I’ll finish today) so I can’t talk more. Just wanted to let you know the news.
I saw the high risk doctor today. Everything is FINE!! No side effects whatsoever! He said the radiation is out of your system completely ten weeks after the treatment!! No worries there. The Big Guy took it like a man; he cried! He is so happy. What a turn around from a couple of weeks ago.
What is the freakin figures part? Well let me give it to you verbatim. This is the conversation between the doc and the ultrasound tech.
“Is that a twin?” Wha?!
“Or is it just a bleed?”
Me: “I don’t like the sound of either one of those words.”
Big Guy, still flying high from the good news, “What words?”
Me: “Twin and bleed.”
Doc: “Have you had any bleeding during this pregnancy?”
Me: “No, none.”
Doc: “We’ll have you come back in five weeks and we’ll be able to tell for sure then. We’ll also check the neck for Down’s then.”
Me: “Uh okay.” Complete look of panic at the Big Guy.
Big Guy: “Don’t worry about it! Everything will be fine!”
The doc could have said there were five babies in there and Big Guy would be thrilled now that we know there are no side effects.
So August 8 we’ll find out if it’s one Scoop or two. Freakin figures, more waiting.