I guess there will have to be some changes to Fit Friday because of the whole knocked up thing. (Thanks to everyone for the prayers and happy thoughts.)
So I really don’t know how I’m going to do Fridays now. Frankly I was just too tired and stressed to really think about it much this week.
So instead…Random Nonsense!! With Bullet Cones!!
- Tomorrow (Saturday) is my sixth wedding anniversary.
- We actually made it to six years.
- Miracles do happen!
- After our ceremony, the Big Guy and I walked out of the church to the theme from the Rocky movies. You know…dah na naaa daduh na naaa, da da da da da dunnanah
- Hey it was funny.
- I am having a hard time getting my fingers to work properly on the keyboard.
- Normally I’m a good typist.
- Lately…total spaz.
- Sis got a job!!
- After we tortured her for weeks.
- “If you think you are sitting on your butt all summer long, you are sadly mistaken!”
- I think the motivator was, “If you don’t get a job, I’m leaving you a list of things to do everyday. This house will be sparkling and I won’t do a lick of laundry all summer!”
- She got a job the next day.
- She is working at a farm market one mile from home.
- Easy bike ride.
- Her hours?
- Monday through Friday 8:00 to 3:00
- $7.15 an hour
- What 16 year old doesn’t have to work weekends?
- Plus, they are allowed to eat whatever they want when they are working, they only have to pay for it if they take it home.
- Last night she said, “Thank God tomorrow is Friday and only one more day to work.” (Remember to use a drama voice when reading that.)
- Her father and I laughed.
- And laughed.
- And laughed.
- Then we reminded her she only had to do it for 50 more years!
- We are not her favorite people right now.
- That’s it for now.
- See you for another Fun Monday!
While there was no pants pissing, there was still a great reaction to the iPod! We gave it to her Sunday. (Her birthday was really Thursday, but the Big Guy works nights and she goes to her mother’s on Saturdays) The look on her face was awesome! She totally wasn’t expecting it. If BG didn’t get an unexpected post Christmas bonus, she wouldn’t have gotten it. Cause we’re cheap. And broke. But mostly cheap. Anyway, she was thrilled.
Complete change of subject with no transition whatsoever ahead.
Our pastor has issued a challenge. I like a challenge and this one should be fun. Pastor was talking about how people get married and forget the fun and romance of dating. With Valentine’s Day coming up, he challenged us to “rock the socks” of our mate. Yes, my pastor used the term “rock the socks”. I like him. The Big Guy and I have decided to take that challenge. Since BG works nights our Valentine’s Day will be Feb. 18. (Pastor still wants us to do something on the 14th to at least acknowledge the day.)
The idea is to be creative and not spend a boatload of money. I figure for the actual day I will pack his lunch with heart stuff (heart shaped sandwiches, cookies, etc) and a card. I’d like to think of something else for the day.
Here is where you come in. I need your ideas. Keep ’em clean- I already know what he likes in that area. I want to show him how much I love him. I don’t do that nearly enough. I’m usually caught up with what needs to be done (laundry) and what to make for dinner (sausage and bowties). He really is the love of my life and I want to make this day special.
A couple things to keep in mind:
We are on a budget.
I am allergic to flowers.
What rocks your socks? What rocks your husband’s socks?
I am thirty six years old. I’ll be thirty seven in a few weeks…woohoo! I am married to a great guy. I have two girls, ages 15 and 3. Actually the 15 year old is my husband’s daughter from his first marriage. She lives with us full time and I’ve been with them both since she was seven. I do all the mom things for her & she treats me like her mom. Ya know, she thinks I’m a complete jackass out to embarrass her and ruin her life- just like any good mother would. She is fifteen with all the anxiety and turmoil that comes with that. She is a really great kid. She gets straight A’s in advanced classes and has a really good group of friends- except for the couple of doofuses (doofi?) that I can’t stand.
Our three year old idolizes her sister. The little one is a piece of work, she has basically demanded to go to pre-school in the fall. She wants to do everything her Sissy does. My husband thinks preschool is a great idea, I had hoped to wait another year. It’s not a matter of being separated from her, she goes to a sitter three days a week while I work, but I just can’t believe that she is old enough to go to friggin’ pre-school! It really does seem like she was born a week ago and now not only is she old enough to go to school, but she WANTS to go. She told me she would miss me but it would be okay because she’d be right back.
They grow so fast…I need ice cream.