My 12 week family leave ends on May 3rd. Since that is a Saturday my return to work date was Monday May 5. Why do I say “was”? Well on Friday I got a call from my boss telling me my position has been eliminated and they no longer have a job for me.
Anyone have a shoulder I can cry on?
Look two posts in one week!
I’m trying to gear up for NaBloPoMo. You know, where you have to post everyday for the entire month of November. Good luck, right?
There is just something about this challenge that I can’t let go.
The NaBlo site this year is pretty cool. I got to set up a page and join groups. I can even have friends! Be my friend, please. Seriously, be my friend. You can search for me as Bethany or Ice Cream Mama.
The biggest thing I learned from last year’s NaBloPoMo is you must have a plan. Well, I must anyway. So I need to come up with the big NaBlo game plan. Mondays are covered with Fun Monday. Now I only need to come up with a plan for the other 6/7ths of the month.
I was thinking one day a week for book reviews (since I’ve been keeping up with my Good Reads account like I’ve been keeping up with this blog.)
One day a week for Christmas cookie recipes. No it won’t be too early.
One day for gestation news.
And then, who knows?
I have just been informed that Monday (Labor Day) will no longer be a paid holiday.
Did you get that? The holiday that was created to show appreciation to the American worker for his/her contribution to society and the economy is no longer a paid holiday at my job.
I can take the day off but I will not get paid.
This is bullshit.
- On my way to work this morning, I was almost run into by a van. He was coming right at me, literally right at the driver’s door.
- When I say he stopped within a hair of me, I’m not exaggerating.
- I just stopped shaking.
- When I got to work my file clerk started on me. Why are you throwing this away? What happened to that file? Why is it such a mess? Why are you always messing things up? Huh? You work for me. Those are MY files. I need them and will put them where I want!
- Did I mention that my file clerk is my mother?
- Yeah, I’m stupid.
- It is month end here and the usually insanity is occurring.
- With the added fun of the computer system going down at least twice a day.
- When I am in the middle of something important.
- I gained a pound. I know I said I wasn’t going to get twisted about this, but well, that’s for later anyway.
- Please let me get through this day!
My “real life” friend called today. “What’s up? You still have your Monday entry up.”
It’s pretty funny that even she keeps up with me via this blog! So what’s up?
- No internet connection since Tuesday. Since I’m not supposed to blog at work and I really didn’t feel like dealing with tech support, this is the first post in a few days.
- The Big Guy & I have hit a rough patch.
- Pray for him.
- He needs it.
- Ebaby had field day at school today.
- Very unorganized and kind of annoying.
- She goes to a Nursery through 8th grade school.
- The games were not really geared toward the little kids.
- The cleaning people came Tuesday.
- I wasn’t impressed.
- The shower was still dirty.
- They broke three of my tilt and clean windows right off the sashes.
- I fixed them.
- But, hello, I had better things to do.
- They were highly recommended by a woman I work with.
- They sucked.
- I feel like I pissed away $140.
- I should have paid a sitter $50 to watch Ebaby all day and done it myself.
- I am so behind at work it’s not even funny.
- I’m tired.
- Aunt Flo is still visiting and it is seriously time for that bitch to pack it in.
- I have eaten everything that isn’t nailed down.
- The library called and said I had a book overdue for the last three weeks.
- Found it on the bookshelf.
- I guess I’ll be making a donation to the library.
- I bought some badly needed new bras.
- I have been the same cup size since Ebaby’s birth.
- Not any more.
- I lose seven pounds and it all comes right from my boobs.
- What the hell?
- I’m going to read your blogs now.
- I hope you’re having a better a week than I am.
It is -6 with the wind chill here. The Weather Channel has a severe weather advisory because it’s going to get colder.
The heat is broken at my job. My hands are almost too cold to type this. If it’s not fixed soon I am out of here.
Did you ever spend, oh five hours one night laying out your finances for the year (yeah, yeah I’m anal). You are so thrilled because you have some money put in the “Take the Squish to Disney Fund” and by the end of the year you should have more put in it and that going in 2009 when your five siblings are going with their familes is doable. That would be a pretty happy moment right?
But then, as you are walking down the hall to put small child to bed you realize your socks are wet? Your first thought is, “If this kid peed on the floor I am going to freak the hell out!” Put kid in bed, go back down hall, get on hands & knees and want to cry. Why, you ask would I want to cry? I’ll tell you why- the %^*@# hot water heater has leaked all over the damn place! The new carpet (ok so the carpet is 3 years old, but dammit that’s still new to me) is soaked and it smells. I can’t even describe the nasty ass smell coming off this thing. Isn’t water heater water clean? I mean I shower with this stuff. Why does it reek? The other thing- Big Guy is a manly man- a handy, manly man. Meaning he wants to install the new one himself. No problem, he can do it (he really is handy). Problem is he can do it Saturday (he works- alot).
So, can my two kids & I shower at your house?